About Matthew Clark is part of the C&C Group which is a leading manufacturer, marketer and distributor of premium branded cider, beer, wine and soft drinks. Our C&C brands include Tennent’s (Scotland’s favourite beer), Bulmers (Ireland’s No 1 cider) and, Magners as well as a growing portfolio of super-premium and craft beers and ciders, such as Menabrea and Orchard Pig, rooted in nearby Somerset
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Shift Manager to join our Matthew Clark team on a full-time permanent basis.
Shift: Monday to Friday (Occasional weekend working during peak periods)
As an experienced leader, you will be responsible for leading a team which includes team leaders, class 2 drivers, administrators, and drivers’ mates to ensure safe, efficient, reliable, and cost-effective deliveries are made to our customers.
Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction while managing the daily operation while using your leadership skills to motivate and inspire staff to achieve and adhere to health & safety standards. Be accountable for ensuring compliance in transport legislation and the implementation of cost-effective enhancements to improve the service we offer.
What you'll do:
- Ensure all items delivered are to agreed customer specification with minimum wastage.
- Ensure that the department and depot achieve the company quality targets whilst operating within productivity targets.
- Proactive communication with internal and external customers, line manager and customer service team regarding operational issues.
- Maintain staff performance and identify further training / retraining during 1:2:1 sessions and performance meetings including disciplinary investigations.
- Ensure that all vehicles and associated equipment are operated in the appropriate manner meeting all current driver and vehicle legislation and within Company Policy.
- Ensure that all drivers and mates are aware of and comply with all relevant Health & Safety and Fire regulations, and that the approved Matthew Clark uniform and Safety wear is always worn by all staff.
- Investigate infringement through de-brief and escalation as required.
In this role, being organised is only the start. You also need to be motivated, adaptable and able to take the initiative to solve problems and inspire staff to be the best.
- Management/Leadership experience in FMCG or Logistics environment is a must.
- Excellent communication skills to deliver accurate information to customers and Depot Management.
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Be professional, approachable, and helpful to ensure smooth running of the general operation.
- Attention to detail / accuracy.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft office packages
- Must hold a Driver CPC
- IOSH Managing Safely knowledge desirable
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary along with a range of excellent benefits:
- Free Onsite Parking
- Free hot refreshments during shift
- 26 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A Contributory Pension Scheme
- A Discretionary Bonus Scheme and Share Incentive Plan (subject to eligibility)
- Life Assurance
- A benefits scheme offering childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, an employee assistance programme, retail & leisure savings, and lots more!
We work with some fantastic people, we’re passionate about what we do, and we have some fun along the way! Join us and you could have a career for life. If this all resonates with you, then we’d love to hear from you.