Department / Function :
Logistics / Supply Chain
Contract Type :
Working Pattern :
Job Advert Description :
Matthew Clark is the UK’s biggest wholesalers in the drinks industry. Our Logistics team operates on a regional basis with a focus on delivering a first class service to our customers. Come and join our team and you won’t just get great rewards, you’ll have every opportunity to move forward along with our fast-evolving business.
About the role
Manage the warehouse operations on a shift basis within agreed customer service and key performance indicator targets.
What you'll do
- Ensure that all goods received are handled, checked and located correctly.
- Ensure that all returns (full goods & empties) are recorded and dealt with correctly.
- Ensure that the depot stock level is optimised and rotated correctly.
- Maintain a tidy and efficient warehouse and yard area.
- Ensure that all orders are picked, packed and loaded accurately, efficiently and effectively so as to meet agreed delivery schedules.
- Ensure that all administration related to the running of the warehouse is completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure that all warehouse staff, are aware of and adhere to all relevant Health & Safety and Fire regulations.
- Ensure that depot security is maintained at all times.
- Ensure all warehouse staff, are trained and capable of carrying out their work efficiently and effectively.
- Assist with stocktakes as required as per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain stock levels of own label wine as required
- Identify areas for continued improvement and / or cost saving.
What we offer
This is a place for people who enjoy the buzz of constant change. We offer a range of excellent benefits as well as great on-site facilities. You can expect:
- 34 days’ holiday (including bank holidays) - with the option to buy a further week
- Bonuses – personal and company performance
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Life assurance, plus access to staff sales, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme, and a whole lot more!
Matthew Clark is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Closing Date :
Friday 31st March 2023