Department / Function :
Logistics / Supply Chain
Contract Type :
Working Pattern :
Job Advert Description :
Looking to take your career in Operations to the next level? Are you passionate about the drinks industry and delivering top class service to customers? Look no further, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
It’s not just managing stock, it’s being a vital link in our supply chain.
- Responsible for the procurement of products from external and internal suppliers for onward shipment to Matthew Clark Customers
- To ensure that stock levels are maintained and that any loses are investigated within company guidelines and depot limitation to provide an efficient, professional and customer focused service within agreed budget parameters.
What you'll do
- Ensure the local Depot stock files are maintained on Minimum/maximum stocks, reorder levels and reorder quantities, continually updating for changing demands and trends on an ongoing basis.
- Liaison with the Depot Manager, to monitor the performance of all suppliers and ensure that the performance information is recorded on Google Docs and shared with the central supply chain team.
- Drive an ethic within the Sales teams to ensure that all stock deviancies from normal order patterns are submitted in a timely manner including new account forecasting.
- Analyse and report on stock loss trends with subsequent investigations and suggestions
- Operation from both goods-in and a pick perspective.
- Effectively manage the Depot’s quarterly stock-counts in line with the Company’s SOP providing detailed reconciliation reports as a result of these counts. To be responsible for the linkage with the Company Stock Observers, ensuring that any queries resulting from these stock counts are resolved.
- Recognise the training and development needs of the department and ensure these are completed in a timely fashion.
- Attend meetings with Warehouse / Shift managers, the Depot manager, Regional sales manager and Sales account managers as and when necessary to discuss stock issues and agree the necessary course of action to be taken.
- Liaison with the Regional sales manager and Depot manager, optimise the cost benefit of stock purchases through promotions and offers agreed by the commercial department / Regional managing director.
For more information, please see the job description attached.
- Stock control understanding essential & previous experience desirable
- Able to demonstrate extensive leadership experience
- I.T & Warehouse Management Systems knowledge
- Educated to A-level standard or similar
What we offer
This is a place for people who enjoy the buzz of constant change. We offer a range of excellent benefits as well as great on-site facilities. You can expect:
- 26 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) - with the option to buy a further week
- Bonuses – personal and company performance
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Life assurance, plus access to staff sales, a cycle to work scheme, and a whole lot more!
Matthew Clark is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.