Matthew Clark is part of the C&C Group which is a leading manufacturer, marketer and distributor of premium branded cider, beer, wine and soft drinks. Our C&C brands include Tennent’s (Scotland’s favourite beer), Bulmers (Ireland’s No 1 cider) and, Magners as well as a growing portfolio of super-premium and craft beers and ciders, such as Menabrea and Orchard Pig, rooted in nearby Somerset.
What you'll do
You will be driving new business in large single sites and regional multiple operating groups, across London and the South East, to deliver budgeted revenue through a mix of business leads and networking prospects.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing and implementation of designated new business plans that maximise the commercial potential of both existing and prospect accounts
- Focusing on brands distribution and volume as well as other strategic/preferred brands as directed
- Taking ownership of the development and implementation of a suitable market strategy to maximise commercial opportunities
- Meeting agreed profit targets for the account base
- Coordinating the migration of new customers into ongoing regional coverage requirements
For more information on the role, please view the job description attached below before applying
To be considered for the role you will need:
- A proven track record of new business development and sales, ideally gained within the wines/spirits industry or in FMCG sales
- In-depth knowledge of On-Trade and/or the wholesale market
- Extensive experience of generating new business and customer negotiation skills
- A history of successfully meeting sales targets and objectives
- Educated to minimum of A-Level standard, with an Advanced WSET qualification highly advantageous
- A full UK driving licence – 6 points maximum
- First class communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- A passion and drive for sales
- Proven networking capability
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary & an excellent bonus structure along with a range of fantastic benefits, including:
- 26 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) - with the option to buy a further week
- A laptop, phone and a (business need) company car
- A Contributory Pension Scheme
- A Share Incentive Plan (subject to eligibility)
- Private Healthcare Cover and Life Assurance
- A benefits scheme offering childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, an employee assistance programme, retail & leisure savings, and lots more!
We work with some fantastic people, we’re passionate about what we do and we have some fun along the way! Join us and you could have a career for life. If you want to know more about us and our work, take a look here or here. If this all resonates with you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Matthew Clark is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.