Department / Function :
Sligo / Donegal
Contract Type :
Working Pattern :
Job Advert Description :
C&C Group plc is a premium drinks company which owns, manufactures, markets and distributes a unique portfolio of beer and cider brands in its home markets and across the globe. You probably know us best from brands like Bulmers, Magners and Tennent’s
About the role
We are looking for an Area Sales Manager to lead the management and development of the sales opportunities to optimise sales revenue and profit across Co Donegal & Sligo and Border Counties in Republic of Ireland.
As a member of the Commercial Management Team, you will contribute to the development of the Bulmer’s Ireland Commercial Sales strategy to maintain and develop on-trade sales opportunities and increase profitability for the cider and beer portfolio.
Core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead, monitor and develop the Regional Sales Team to ensure competent and capable resources with the ability to develop and maximise quality new business volumes.
- Develop and consolidate highly effective business relationships with key on-trade representative groups and key on-trade accounts to enhance product recognition, optimise sales opportunities and negotiate key large account deals.
- Manage the development and implementation of a commercial sales plan for the defined region ensuring delivery of key agreed volume and margin targets aligned to the Commercial and Company strategic direction.
- Drive the management and monitoring of the CRM system, proactively focusing sales efforts on key potential customers to optimise sales opportunities and growth of business.
- Identify, recommend, and drive the implementation of key commercial business initiatives to increase sales opportunities and optimise profit growth, coupled with management of budgets and forecasts
- Maintain a strong awareness and understanding of the alcohol and licensed trade market to ensure business plans and practices adequately reflect market and consumer changes and anticipate any potential risks.
- Identify sales volume/value growth opportunities through the analysis of customer and market performance information/data.
To be considered for the role you will possess:
- A proven history of working within sales management, ideally gained from within the alcohol industry or similar FMCG environment
- Have demonstrable success of:
- Managing a regional sales team
- Driving and delivering leading edge performance culture
- Developing viable and commercial sales opportunities
- The ability to contribute at a Senior manager level, both internally and externally.
- In-depth knowledge of the licensed trade, on-trade market structures and competition are highly desirable
- Strong business acumen with drive to deliver
- First class people management skills, including coaching and mentoring
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What we offer
This is a place for people who enjoy the buzz of constant change. We offer a range of excellent benefits as well as great on-site facilities. You can expect:
- 23 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- A discount on Health insurance
- Life assurance, plus access to staff sales, a cycle to work scheme, and a whole lot more!
Send us a CV that demonstrates your experience and we’ll aim to get back to you ASAP!
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.