Bulmers Limited is a member of the C&C Group plc in Ireland and is a major force in the Irish drinks market. The Company markets an extensive portfolio of brand leaders, which includes Bulmers Original Irish Cider.
C&C Group plc is a large FMCG Group and the only publicly quoted drinks company headquartered in Ireland. The Group operates in the alcoholic drinks and soft drinks industries and has a portfolio of industry-leading brands such as Bulmers, Magners, Tennent’s, Tipperary Water and Finches. The Group also manages and distributes the Budweiser, Corona, San Miguel, Santa Rita and [yellowtail] brands, amongst others, in Ireland. The Group has leading category positions in Ireland and the UK and exports to 50 other countries globally. For the right candidate, there is an opportunity to work in a uniquely entrepreneurial environment with the ability to affect change and add value.
This ‘1st line’ position provides operational health, safety and environmental support to a number of depots within their region to enable functional alignment across all business units in line with the Corporate Health and Safety Management System and Strategy with the ultimate aim of minimising risk, whilst optimising business performance through the desire for continuous improvement. Having accountability for supporting the delivery of Health, Safety and the Environment, Transport Safety, Business Continuity, the identification, communication, escalation and provision of advice and guidance on all aspects of operational health and safety affecting people, product, property, commercial, regulatory and brand value, the role is a key conduit in the companies governance arrangements and is central to ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- To continually deliver Health and safety business support across ROI Depot network.
- Analyse, consolidate, interpret and produce management reports and communicate key monthly and quarterly performance metrics to Depots managers, Head of SL&D and CS&L director
- Establish local plans in partnership with the ROI Depot network which will enable effective risk mitigation and continual improvement activity via timely intervention and effective H&S performance management and measurement.
- Develop and maintain centralised management system tools and processes and measures with relevant standards and procedures to effect successful local or regional implementation of new or changed requirements.
- Responsible for identifying and interpreting all Health, Safety or Environmental legislation and ensuring the site is compliant
- Manages all training aspects of integration activity for the ROI depot network to ensure full employee certification and training needs are completed.
- Provide tools and, where appropriate develop and deliver training material / courses to enable effective implementation of policy, standards and process to ensure compliance with both internal and external requirements
- Facilitate and / or conduct risk assessments and control testing to determine the effectiveness of internal controls and subsequently actively educates client groups to remove non-conformities, informing tactical decision
- Fully investigate accidents and near misses as required and monitor follow up action, implement required changes, striving for continuous improvement.
What You’ll Need
- Diploma of higher level certification in specific Health and safety .
- Be computer literate (MS Word, PPT, Excel) and have a demonstrable track record of delivering organisational performance improvements in terms of culture and risk management.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Subject matter expertise and considerable knowledge and experience gained in a similar role with warehousing & logistics management knowledge and experience preferred
- Subject matter expertise
- Strong influencing skills
- Team player
C&C Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their ethnicity, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
C&C Group (and inclusive companies) do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our roles – we will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs including those submitted to hiring managers. C&C Group explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.